Putting The Scoops visual beauty aside, here are some of its key features:
• Four Columns for content-heavy websites
• jQuery Dropdown menu that supports the new WP 3.0+ custom nav menu function
• Widget-areas in the third sidebar and in the footer
• A theme options page where the user can change the logo, add analytics code, add Twitter username, Facebook fan page and the RSS Feedburner URLs (for the social icons within the header)
• The theme options page also allows users to choose which categories to show posts from the two central columns. This will automatically exclude the category from the main loop from the main content area.
• Thumbnail support which means the user only has to set one image as the featured thumbnail and it’ll automatically re-size for the smaller sizes.